Friday, August 26, 2011

downtown



Downtown Lynchburg is a really great and historic part of town. There are tons of restaurants and wonderful places to go, and beautiful scenery and trails to walk/ride upon. The first time I went down there, it was to meet up with my Law Wife mentor. We went to a little coffee shop/bookstore, called White Hart. It's perfect for studying or having lunch with someone, and they have GREAT coffee and food!

I had possibly the best grilled cheese I've ever had in my life. It was a three-cheese combo, and there are six cheeses to choose from. I chose cheddar, swiss, and goat cheese. Now, if you don't like goat cheese, I feel sorry for you. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

I went back downtown a few days ago, to meet with another law wife. She's close to my age, and we're a lot alike. We walked down a trail that parallels the river, and it was absolutely gorgeous. It's dense with trees that line either side of the trail, and even on a warm August day, the trees provided enough shade to make it cool and crisp. She goes there often, and I can see why!



Last night was our first thunderstorm here in Virginia. It was incredibly romantic, and we (because we love rain, being from the desert) were very happy and excited to hear the thunder and see the lightning, and watch the sheets of diagonal rain stream across the trees and pavement outside of our windows. It was a lovely evening. We lit some candles and made sure Dusty's computer was plugged into a surge protecter, and he worked on homework while I had fun at my craft table. :)

This weekend we are supposed to have some pretty intense weather, however. A hurricane is coming in on the coast, and we are supposed to have winds up to 100 mph! We have no idea if we'll even be able to leave the house. I'm supposed to go to a farmer's market downtown tomorrow morning, and I really hope the weather is good for that! A farmer's market!!!

August is already coming to a close, and I can hardly believe it. I found a job, which I can't believe!! I start on labor day at the interlibrary loan department at Liberty. A few people have responded with sighs of sympathy or words of encouragement. I suppose it DOES sound a tad bit boring...but honestly, I think it sounds wonderful! Working in a library, loaning out and borrowing books and articles, making sure the orders are fulfilled and books are returned, talking with students and local libraries...having my own desk and my own space to decorate, and working in a team of three people in a chill, back-of-the-library office. That sounds amazing! Absolutely perfect for me. I couldn't be more excited, and I still am in shock that they picked me, out of all the other applicants!!

I am happy, and I am blessed. I am contemplating having another latte this morning (alright, so it's already noon), because it's cloudy outside and my days of unemployment are coming to an end. (Praise the Lord!)

In love,

Cait

P.S. I've been craving pumpking lately, so I came up with a quick and easy snack :)

One tortilla, cut up into pie pieces. Smother with butter and honey, then mix cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg together. Sprinkle over the tortilla pieces, throw into the toaster oven for as long as desire, and voila! Delish.

1 comment:

  1. This made me happy! I could picture it all, especially since we did our "drive through" while I was there. One question, tho, is pumpking the same as pumpkin? ;p) Love you.

    ReplyDelete